Monday, September 1, 2008

the place

The Place


I sobbed harshly for I was hurt deep
In this place I cried and weep
The painful past I hardly grip
My wounded heart I didn’t want to keep

Endless tears run down my face
In this place I sat for days
I bowed my head cause the anguish brace
The grievous parts I didn’t want to trace

I heard footsteps and saw you in front of me
You sat down and gave me the sweetest glee
You caressed me, oh those eyes I love to see!
You held my hand and said, “I’m your man, from torment I’ll set you free

You were like the moon at night
In this place you brought me light
The brightness you convey gave me might
This fearful love I didn’t want to fight


But the happiness was just for a while
Cause you left me and gone for a mile
In this place where our love wasn’t a sly
I will wait for you until the day I die

No comments: