Monday, September 1, 2008

PETER

One afternoon as I seat on the seashore
Glancing at the sun as it sets, I so adore
Feeling the tears on my face as it pour
This person came up to me; I didn’t hear his steps on the sand’s floor

He sat beside me but I chose not to look at him
He was so close, I can feel his breath’s like a flame
He was so close, I can smell his fume, I was tamed
I still didn’t look at him cause I thought he was just a dream

He held my hand but uttered nothing
His touch felt warm like it was saying everything
He placed my hand on his heart, it was soundly beating
But I still didn’t look at him cause I know his not the man I should be keeping

He stood up, his voice I still didn’t hear
He slowly walked away, I was filled with fear
This time I looked at him, my eyes had a tear
He glanced back at me and said, “By the way, my name is Peter!”

No comments: